Caring for your mental health is as important as caring for your physical health. Fortunately, more resources are available to empower you on your mental health journey. Let’s explore some of the top apps, websites, podcasts, and more to support mental wellness.
Mental Health Apps
Apps can make counseling, meditation, mood tracking and more accessible right from your phone. Here are some top options:
- Calm – Leading app for meditation, sleep stories and relaxing music. Can reduce anxiety and improve sleep.
- Headspace – Guided meditations and mindfulness exercises to find clarity and focus.
- Talkspace – Connect with licensed therapists through text, video and audio messages.
- Happify – Uses science-based activities and games to reduce stress and build resilience.
- MoodPath – Track mental health with a daily journal and participate in a community.
Online Counseling & Crisis Resources
If you’re looking for counseling or someone to talk to, utilize these virtual resources:
- BetterHelp – Get matched with a professional counselor for online therapy.
- 7 Cups – Connect with trained volunteers for emotional support and counseling.
- The Trevor Project – Crisis intervention and suicide prevention for LGBTQ+ youth.
- Crisis Text Line – 24/7 crisis support by texting with a trained Crisis Counselor.
Mental Health Blogs & Forums
Reading about others’ experiences and getting support from communities can help you feel less alone. Try these:
- Psych Central – Leading mental health blog with support communities.
- HealthyPlace – Online mental health community with educational resources.
- ReachOut – Youth mental health site with forums moderated by mental health pros.
Exploring tools like these can empower you to actively support your mental health. Don’t be afraid to try different options until you find what resonates most. Taking small steps to prioritize mental wellness can lead to big improvements over time. Your mental health journey is unique, but you don’t have to walk it alone.